You’ve probably tried looking for a work from home job that works for you, right?
But requirements might be a little off-putting. Some jobs require you to be on the phone constantly, and that might not work for you, especially if you have a lot of background noise.
And some jobs may require some specialized experience that you just don’t have.
Don’t worry though, there’s a ton of opportunities out there!
I’ve found over 100 companies that are hiring for non-phone work from home jobs. I’ve grouped them all by category and included a link to where you can apply!
Academic Test Scoring
This is a great flexible option – you can be hired by companies to help score standardized tests and written essays.
**Most of these companies do require some education and experience.
- ETS – Get paid $10-$20 an hour.
- Measurement, Inc. – Pay is $11 hourly.
- Pearson – Pay is $10+ an hour.
- WriteScore – Earn $8-$15 hourly.
Bookkeeping / Accounting
Do you have experience with bookkeeping or accounting?
Then there might be a work from home job out there for you!
- Accounting Department – Hires accountants.
- Bateman & Co. – Hires staff accountants and interns.
- Belay Solutions – Hires virtual bookkeepers
- Bookminders – Must live near one of their physical locations and must have a 4-year degree or 5+ years of accounting experience.
- ClickAccounts – Hires freelance bookkeepers
- ClickNwork – Hires finance consultants and finance analysts
Chat & Email Support Jobs
If you’re interested in providing support for people but aren’t a good fit for a phone job, then chat support could be a great alternative!
You can help people with basic product questions, billing questions, or help them troubleshoot their product.
- Apple – Hires chat tech support reps.
- The Chat Shop – Hires live chat agents. Pay starts at $10/hr
- Ginger.io – Hires support reps.
- Ipsy – Hires email support reps.
- MeetEdgar – Hires chat and email support reps.
Data Entry can be a little (ahem) tedious, but if this is something you can handle, there’s quite a few places where you can find work.
This is another type of job that doesn’t require experience to get started.
- Amazon MTurk – Short tasks like data entry and categorization.
- Axion Data – Hires data entry workers.
- ClickWorker – Short tasks (similar to Amazon MTurk)
- Dion Data – Pays per document.
- Lionbridge – Hires data entry workers.
- The Smart Crowd – Hires data entry workers.
- Sigtrack – Help tag voters and double-check their data to make sure the information is complete and accurate.
- TTEC – Hires data entry workers.
- Xerox – Hires for data entry and verification.
Editing & Proofreading
Do you have a background in editing? Or maybe you don’t have much experience but you’re great at spotting grammar mistakes?
Maybe editing or proofreading would be a good fit for you!
- AdLabs – Hires ad editors.
- American Journal Experts – Hires editors to edit scholarly articles.
- Cactus – Hires freelance writers to write scholarly articles.
- Copypress – Hires freelance editors
- EditFast – Hires editors and proofreaders.
- Editor World – Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- EditorLive – Hires document editors familiar with collegiate formatting.
- Enago – Hires freelance editors.
- Ephemera – Looking for writers who can write quippy-bumper-sticker-worthy copy.
- Gramlee – Hires freelance editors.
- Kibin – Hires essay editors.
- ManagedEditing – Hires freelance editors.
- Polished Paper – Hires essay editors.
- Proofreading Services – Hires proofreaders.
- ProofreadingPal – Hires proofreaders.
- ProofreadNow – Hires proofreaders.
- Scribendi – Hires freelance editors and proofreaders.
- Scribbr – Edit students’ academic writing.
- WordsRU – Must have masters degree or higher.
- Wordvice – Hires freelance editors.
If you’re interested in teaching english online, there’s quite a few companies you could work for!
To get into ESL tutoring or teaching you will most likely need a bachelor’s degree, and possibly a certification (depends on the company).
- 51 Talk – Teach english online. Must have a bachelor’s degree and a teaching certificate.
- Cambly – Teach english online.
- EF Education First – Teach english online.
- GogoKid – Earn $14-$25/hr teaching english online.
- Magic Ears – Teach english online.
- NiceTalk – Teach english online.
- QKids – Teach english online.
- SayABC – Teach english online.
- VIPKid – Teach english online.
Freelance writing is a great non-phone work from home job! It’s usually incredibly flexible (just meet your deadline), and you can usually get started without any experience.
I’ve found over 10 companies that pay for articles or hire writers.
**You can also potentially make a lot more money by finding your own private clients.
- Back to College – Accepts articles about adults returning to college. Pays $55+ for original articles.
- BestPickist – Hires writers to create buyer guides and user guides.
- Buy Keyword Articles – Hires freelance article writers.
- Calypso – Greeting card writers
- Constant Content – Hires freelancers to write posts, ebooks, press releases, and more.
- The Content Panel – Hires freelance article writers.
- Copypress – Hires freelance bloggers
- Craigslist – Hires freelance bloggers
- Crowd Content – Hires freelance article writers.
- Fiverr – Hires freelance bloggers
- The HOTH – Hires content writers and marketing copywriters. Pay depends on amount of words written.
- LifeTips – Hires writers to create tip guides on a variety of subjects.
- Matador – Hires travel writers.
- Online Writing Jobs – Is currently hiring SEO writers, copywriters, bloggers, and subject-matter experts.
- People Per Hour – Hires freelance article writers.
- Problogger – Hires freelance article writers.
- Randstad Risesmart – Hires resume writers
- Scripted – Hires freelance writers in over 24 countries.
- Skyword – Hires writers.
- Textbroker – Hires freelance article writers.
- Upwork – Hires freelance article writers.
- Words of Worth – Hires freelance article writers.
- Writer Access – Hires freelance article writers.
- Verblio – Connects writers to people hiring freelancers. You could be writing articles, ebooks, ecommerce subscriptions and more.
Online Academic Tutoring
If you’re great at certain subjects and can explain things in a way people can easily understand, tutoring may be for you.
Tutoring is usually done via chat or webcam so this isn’t as flexible as some other jobs, but the pay can be great.
- Brainfuse – Hires tutors.
- PrepNow – Hires tutors.
- Yup – Hires tutors.
- Tutor.com – Hires tutors.
- Aim-4-A Tutoring – Hires tutors.
If you have an advanced degree and/or some specialized experience, you can use that expertise by consulting and offering advice.
- Ask Wonder – Become a “researcher”.
- Maven – Share your knowledge by becoming a consultant.
- Just Answer – Share your knowledge by answering questions.
If you’re an experienced photographer, you can sell your photos to companies or be hired as a photographer.
- AirBnB – Hires freelance marketplace listing photographers.
- Animals Animals – Hires contract photographers and accepts submissions.
- Genpact Cora – hires inspection assistants to take photos. (Receive $18+ per inspection).
- Nature Friend Magazine – Hires nature photographers.
- Shutterstock – Sell your photos.
- Skyword – Find freelance photography jobs.
- Stocksy – Sell your photos.
Search Engine Evaluation
A search engine evaluator is someone who helps analyze search engine results to make sure they meet quality guidelines.
If you’re tech savvy this could be a great job for you!
- Appen – Hire search engine evaluators.
- KarmaHub – Hire search engine evaluators.
- Lionbridge – Hire search engine evaluators.
- Teemwork – Hires search engine evaluators.
- Workforce Logiq – Hires search engine evaluators.
- ZeroChaos – This company hires people to evaluate the quality of search engine ads.
Short tasks may not make you rich, but they can give you a little boost to your income.
You can complete tasks like categorizing items, sorting pictures, and simple short data entry tasks.
- Amazon MTurk – Short tasks like data entry and categorization.
- Appen – Short tasks.
- ClickWorker – Short tasks (similar to Amazon MTurk)
- CrowdSource – Short data entry tasks
- Swagbucks – Short tasks.
Social Media Moderators & Managers
If you’re social media savvy, you can become a moderator for social media and forums.
Your job might include moderating comments, posting updates, and more.
- $99 Social – Hiring content specialists.
- Alchemic-Dream – Hires moderators, community managers, and social media managers.
- Crisp Thinking – Hires moderators.
- Good Media – Hires social media managers.
- ICUC – Hires social media managers and interns.
- Ignite – Hires community managers.
- Khoros – Hires social media specialists.
- LiveWorld – Hires social media customer care agents.
- Metaverse Mod Squad –
- ModSquad – Hires social media moderators.
- Social Element – Hires social media managers.
If you have a good fashion or design sense, you could have a job as a stylist!
- Bombfell – Men’s stylist.
- Modsy – home decor stylist.
- Rocksbox – Accessory stylist.
- Stitch Fix – Now hiring for part-time stylists.
If you know at least two languages you can offering services where you translate something from one language into another.
You could be translating anything from text or television shows.
- Acclaro – Hires translators.
- Affordable Translations – Hires translators.
- Andovar – Hires translators.
- Cactus – Hires translators.
- Executive Linguist Agency – Hires translators.
- Gengo – Make $500+/month as a freelance translator.
- Globalink – Hires translators and translation reviewers.
- LanguageLine – Hires translators.
- LanguageLink – Hires translators and interpreters.
- Lingo24 – Must have at least 3 years of professional experience.
- Responsive Translation – Hires linguists and translators.
- SDL – Hires translators.
- TextMaster – Hires translators.
- Verbal Ink – Hires translators.
- WeLocalizeQ – Hires translators, localizers, and interpreters.
- WorldLingo – Hires translators.
Like data entry, transcription can be a bit tedious (but there’s a lot more variety here).
For transcription you listen to audio and type what you hear. These can be used for captions and transcripts.
There are a good amount of places that hire transcriptionists with little-to-no experience!
Your pay will increase once you get more experience (and if you get faster), and there are also certain types of transcription that pay more (like medical).
- 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP – Currently hiring transcriptionists.
- 3PlayMedia – Currently hiring transcript editors.
- Accentance – Hires transcriptionists.
- AccuTran Global – Hires transcriptionist to do real-time captioning
- Allegis Transcription – Hires entry-level transcriptionists.
- Babbletype – Hires transcriptionists.
- CastingWords – Hires transcriptionists.
- Daily Transcription – Pays $.75 – $.85 per audio minute.
- eScribers – Hires transcriptionists.
- Focus Forward – Hires transcriptionists.
- GMR Transcription – Hires general transcriptionists.
- GoTranscript – Pays $.60 an audio minute.
- Net Transcripts – Hires transcriptionists.
- Phoenix Medcom – Virtual medical scribes
- Quicktate – Hires entry-level transcriptionists.
- Rev.com – General transcriptionists (no experience needed)
- Scribie – Transcribe short files (10 minutes to less) and earn $5-$20 an audio hour.
- SpeakWrite – Hires transcriptionists.
- Tigerfish – Hires transcriptionists.
- Transcribe.com – Hires transcriptionists.
- TranscribeMe – Earn $15-$22 an audio hour.
- Transcription Experts – Hires transcriptionists.
- Transcription For Everyone – Hires transcriptionists.
- Ubiqus – Hires transcriptionists.
- Verbal Ink – Hires transcriptionists.
- Voxtab – Hires transcriptionists.
- Way With Words – Hires transcriptionists.
If you have a degree and some experience with tutoring, you can also do it from home!
- Aim for A – Hires online tutors for a variety of subjects.
- ASAP Tutor – Currently hiring tutors for statistics, economics, finance, accounting, and calculus.
- BrainFuse – Hires online tutors.
- BuddySchool – Hires online tutors.
- Chegg Tutors – Hires tutors for middle school, high school, and college subjects.
- Homework Doctors – Hires tutors for subjects and test prep.
- Manhattan Prep – Hires tutors for test prep.
- PrestoExperts – Hires online tutors.
- Revolution Prep – Hires online tutors.
- Rosetta Stone – Hires online tutors.
- Skooli – Hires online tutors.
- Studypool – Earn up to $7,500/month by answering homework questions.
- Tutapoint – Provide one-on-one tutoring services or provide instant homework help.
- Tutor Doctor – Hires online tutors.
- Tutor.com – Hires part-time tutors. (Must be available at least 5 hours a week).
- TutorMe – Make at least $16/hour tutoring online.
- Varsity Tutors – Connects tutors with online tutoring jobs.
- Wyzant – Set your own rate for 1-on-1 tutoring.
- Yup – Hires online tutors.
There’s tons of services you can offer as a virtual assistant, and you don’t need a ton of experience!
You can be a general virtual assistant, or you can offer services such as writing, graphic design, and editing.
- 24/7 Virtual Assistants – Hires US-based virtual assistants. Pays $10-$12 per hour.
- Assistant Match – Hires virtual assistants
- Belay Solutions – Hires virtual assistants
- Byron – Must live in the US and have at least 3+ years of experience as an executive assistant or virtual assistant.
- Contemporary VA – Hires virtual assistants
- Elite Virtual Assistants – Hires executive and legal assistants.
- Fancy Hands – Hires US-based virtual assistants.
- Ideas Unlimited – Hires general virtual assistants.
- Leverage – Hires general virtual assistants. Knowledge of Asana, Intercomm, GSuite a plus.
- NS Virtual Services – Hires virtual assistants.
- OkayRelax – Hires virtual assistants.
- Startups.co – Hires virtual assistants.
- Surplus Hands – Hires virtual assistants.
- Time, Etc. – Hires virtual assistants.
- Worldwide 101 – Hires virtual assistants.
If you’re interested in doing voice over work, there’s companies that can hire you!
- Filmless – Hires freelance voice over artists.
- SnapRecordings – Hires voice talent
- Voice123 – Connects voice artists to opportunities.
- Voices – Hires voice over artists.
Here are some miscellaneous jobs that you might be interested in.
- Humanatic – Review customer service phone calls.
- Kirkus – Hires freelance book reviews to write 350 word reviews.
- Pinecone Research – Pays $3 per survey
- Shutterstock – Hires stock image reviewers.
Running Errands & Delivery
I know these aren’t technically “work from home” jobs, but running errands for people can be a great way to supplement your income!
- Shipt – Deliver groceries.
- Instacart – Deliver groceries.
- DoorDash – Food delivery.
- Postmates – Food delivery.
Where to Find Other WFH Jobs:
If you’re looking for other work from home or flexible jobs, here are some other places you can look:
Rat Race Rebellion – They post job leads every single day for flexible and work from home jobs.
FlexJobs – This is a great resource for finding legitimate work from home jobs!